Saturday, September 26, 2009

Bill Baxter:

I had just completed 8 weeks of U.S. Coast Guard boot camp. I topped by the station to say hi to Tank and the other people I had met. Tank brought me into the studio and it was just before the end of the show. Charles saw my Coast Guard sweatshirt and then looked at me. I never really got to meet Charles formally and didn't think he really knew who I was. But Charles looked at me and asked how I had been and that he hadn't seen me since June. I told him about boot camp and he stuck his hand out and said "Thank you for your service. I know the Coast Guard is about saving lives and that makes you one hell of a person."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.