Saturday, September 26, 2009

Eli Sherer:

On the morning we started traffic reports, I called Charles and asked him what I should do for a Sign-Off (the end of a report). He came back and said, “let’s say ‘Eli in Wicked High the ‘BCN Copter.” I actually argued with him, thinking that it diminished the “seriousness” of the traffic reports. I guess I was wrong, and Charles helped me create a name that will, like it or not, follow me for a very long time.

Also on that first morning it was too foggy to fly. Charles, not wanting to admit that his new helicopter wasn’t in the air (it’s radio, no one will believe it anyway), had a sound effects loop made up that we used that day and continued to use ever after. Using a noise canceling microphone meant that the sound was the same whether airborne or not... Sometimes he’d pot up the sound effects more or less, up and down... And some people still don’t think there really was a helicopter at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.